Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mashups

Well this has been an interesting week. Mashups are indeed an interesting Internet invention and the possibility for their use would appear never ending.

Having said this I still a little sceptical as to the point of the whole thing.

I like the idea of including Google Maps into websites and I could see this being used in an historical for towns to identify historical landmarks. This is something that I will perhaps keep in mind when I am looking through the old photos of the Tumut Shire. You never know one day I may feel that it is necessary to mash the photos, Google Maps and information together to create a historical website for the Shire. This will only be when I have completely nothing else left to do and I have sat and done nothing for a long period of time.

For this exercise I created a "Motivational Poster' from a quirky picture I discovered on the Internet.

For now Cheers!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

There are some great ideas here - I look forward to seeing what happens.

Ellen (PLS)