Monday, November 10, 2008

Del.icio.us

Well, what can I say but that I have simply not had a moment spare to even give Web 2.0 a thought in the past few weeks. As shocking as they may sound I am attempting to make good in my efforts and get my blog back up to speed.
Del.icio.us does seem to be very interesting and I can see its benefits for someone like me. I have hundreds of websites bookmarked on about 3 different computers, and each set is unique in its own manner.
Del.icio.us attempts to give me more control over the websites that I have tagged and allows me to organise them in a more "firendly" manner.
This is the link to my Del.icio.us account http://delicious.com/kt01 For those of you who are interested, enjoy! You will notice that a great many of the sites listed here are horse related, taht should give you an indication of my hobbies.
This tool has merit in all walks of life. Both professionally and personally. I have many "library" related sites bookmarked and Del.icio.us allows me to share them more readily with my staff. It is a great invention and one that I will promote in my work place.
Library Thing looks like a site that requires more investiagtion in its merits than I have been able to give it at the moment. The user interface seems simple enough and it looks as though it can offer a great deal of information to us about recommending reads and helping our patrons discover new and wonderful titles and authors.
Whilst this is only a short and sweet post I have been really surprised by the possibilities of what is available out there. Until next time, Cheers!

No comments: