Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Adventures of RSS

Well this post is going to get even more cynical as I have just finished typing out my post only to have it disappear when I accidently hit a key on the keyboard. Trying to think happy thoughts!

So, back to the point at hand, RSS. I have been searching the web looking at various feeds and what not and at the end of the day I can’t really see the point. Perhaps I am coming at it from the wrong vantage point but I am a bit miffed about the whole thing.

In a positive light I can see that RSS would have advantages in the Library environment for allowing us to keep our keen and enthusiastic patrons up to date with the latest library happens.

In the negative light I am just not a person who would use this and I can’t really see me being persuaded. For those of you out there who like it Good Luck with it, but I think I will stick to randomly checking in on the few blogs I like and leaving it at that.

For the purpose of this task I subscribed to the following RSS feeds: ESPN; Movie Reviews; Powerhouse Museum Photo of the Day; Shopping Blog; USA Today; Dilbert Daily Strip & K Werner Designs. That reflects the diversity of my palette.

For now, Cheers!

No comments: